Today, I would like to guide you all to make a tantalising and delicious Danish Cinnamon Rolls. One of my family favorite danish pastry which occupy our table for morning breakfast or during the evening tea time. A simple to do method of the most popular pastry available in a gourmet patisserie or deli in most major town.
The dough for the roll.
- 4 Cup of all purpose flour
- 1 Cup of pasteurize milk
- 3/4 Cup of Butter or Margarine (or you may use Olive or Canola for good diet)
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Refined Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 pkt of dry yeast (11gm)
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- 1 Tbs of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder
Preparing the Ingredients
- In a bowl add into 1 cup of water, sprinkle the whole packet of yeast than add salt and the granulated sugar. Stir the combination thoroughly and keep for the yeast to rise up for about 10 minutes.
- In saucepan heat up the milk and the butter or the margarine. Take it off the stove and lets it cool to normal room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the 4 cup of all purpose flour, cinnamon powder,brown sugar and mix it well. Later add in the eggs, yeast and the melted butter and milk.
- Mix all the ingredients until even, if it is too wet sprinkle bit by bit with a flour.
- Gently you knead the dough to built up the gluten and to push out the air. Continue kneading for about 10 minutes. Don't over knead, to avoid a tough dough.
- Knead it into a ball shape, rub the surface with olive or melted butter or margarine and keep moist under wet towel for about one hour. Until the dough double up in size.
Now, the list of ingredient for the filling.
- 1/2 Cup of dried raisin
- 1/2 Cup of dried sliced hazel or dried dice cashew nut
- 1/2 Cup of dried coarse grind ed peanut
- 1/2 Cup of dried white dessicated coconut
- 1/2 Cup of refined Brown sugar
Spreading the filling evenly on the sheet dough.
How to bake it.?
- Switch on your oven to 180-200 degree centigrade. Place the rack into the middle stack.
- After an hour, on a clean dry surface sprinkle some flour. Take out the proofed dough and continue to knead for another 5 minutes.
- Later roll out the dough with a rolling pin to shape of a thin rectangular 16 x 10 inches sheet dough with 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Brush the surface with olive oil or melted butter or magarine, leaving one of the shorter side unbrush.
- Spread evenly the refined brown sugar so with the other filling of raisin,dice cashew, sliced hazel and ground peanut. As illustrated from the photo below;
- Roll the filled sheet dough from the oil brush end, like the rolling of swiss rolls and seal the end.
- Cut into 1/2 inch thickness, place it on an oiled baking pan. Lets it proof for another 15 minutes before you put it into the oven. Brush the surface with oil or melted butter. Sprinkle the surface with the dessicated coconut lavishly.
- Spreading the filling evenly on the sheet dough.
- Put it into the oven and baked it for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- This is a turbo oven, place your cinnamon rolls in the mid level.
- There you are! a mouth watering danish cinnamon rolls, an authentic home-made with no form of preservative, essence and taste enhancer